[Xastir] Launch fail after git pull / OSX 10.13.6

F1MHV f1mhv at free.fr
Sun Jul 7 00:07:45 PDT 2019

Hi Tom

> Which brings us to another question:  are you using the TILED or non-tiled
> OSM maps (the tiled ones have the word "tiled" in their name)?  I'm pretty
> sure we don't still have non-tiled OSM geo files anymore, but it's worth
> checking.

online/OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo

In the meantime, on the OSX 10.14.5 machine i uninstalled imagemagick, did again the update process and got the same bug issue. Then i removed graphicsmagick and found i had 2 of them:  1) GraphicsMagick @1.3.31_0+q8
 2) GraphicsMagick @1.3.32_0+q8 (active)

I re-installed graphicsmagick, re-builded xastir and again the same issue. Removing again graphicsmagick and re-building xastir without graphicsmagick and imagemagick, i could start xastir without issues, of course no charts depicted. So i re-installed only ImageMagick-6.9.9-40_6+x11.darwin_18.x86_64 and re-builded xastir and Bingo! all back to normal, the issue lies with GraphicsMagick @1.3.32_0+q8.

I have to reproduce the process with the OSX 10.13.6 machine to confirm.

Thank-you for support.

73 de Cyril

ps: the terminal log after successfully launching xastir
"x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 30: 48 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 2: 48 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Couldn't open any sockets
Unable to setup any x_spider UDP server sockets.
Could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
UDP_Server process died.
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 30: 48 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 2: 48 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Couldn't open any sockets
Unable to setup any x_spider server sockets.
Indexing maps...
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files