[Xastir] Raspian Builds

Lee D Bengston kilo5dat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 08:43:17 PDT 2019

Ubuntu puts out a new release every 6 months while Debian/Raspbian has a
much longer interval, so I expect it might be a challenge to try to keep up
with which maps to what.  A few months ago I noticed Debian Stretch had far
fewer compiler warnings than Ubuntu 18.04 when building Xastir - so
basically the latest Ubuntu LTS release was not in sync with the current
Debian stable version with respect to gcc.

I wrote the HowTo in the Wiki for Raspbian, but my Raspberry Pi no longer
runs Raspbian, so I'm hard pressed to try to keep that up to date.  The
last time I edited the Ubuntu HowTo I consolidated several releases into
the same one, so at least there was some progress in that regard. It's
probably in need of an update by now, though.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019, 9:02 AM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> Pretty much for the same reason that there used to be separate build
> instructions for every single release of Ubuntu from 6.04 all the way to
> the present:  because someone wrote it that way back when the earth was
> still
> cooling, and it stuck.

Regards,
Lee K5DAT