[Xastir] FreeBSD port for Xastir 2.1.4 submitted.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jul 17 09:09:13 PDT 2019

At the moment, Xastir is completely unable to use IM7 and will likely remain
so until at least the next release (and maybe beyond) --- if you're interested
enough in the issues, go look at the github issue
https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/issues/148.  So discussing what
to do with the IM7 port in BSD is a little premature.

Really, Carl just needs to work through whether to make the default Xastir
build use GraphicsMagick as the 2.1.0 port was (which forces Xastir to be
built with gcc8) or ImageMagick6 (which lets Xastir be built with clang,
because some folks don't want gcc), or come up with a solution that allows
this to be an option.  Either way, there is something inideal to it:  the GM
solution forces gcc, the IM solution forces legacy IM 6 and may cause Xastir
to conflict with any port that requires IM7.  Ick.

I would honestly suggest going with the GM option, even though it forces gcc.
This is likely to be the least painful solution, especially if IM 6 legacy
version is ever removed from the ports system, or lots of popular tools start
requiring IM7 before we can work out the substantial porting problems involved.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 05:02:00PM +0100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <njm at njm.me.uk> flavor, containing:

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM