[Xastir] [BSD-Ham] FreeBSD port for Xastir 2.1.4 submitted.

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Thu Jul 18 05:37:51 PDT 2019

Hi Tom, Everyone,

> On 18 Jul 2019, at 2:09 am, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> Really, Carl just needs to work through whether to make the default Xastir
> build use GraphicsMagick as the 2.1.0 port was (which forces Xastir to be
> built with gcc8) or ImageMagick6 (which lets Xastir be built with clang,
> because some folks don't want gcc), or come up with a solution that allows
> this to be an option.  Either way, there is something inideal to it:  the GM
> solution forces gcc, the IM solution forces legacy IM 6 and may cause Xastir
> to conflict with any port that requires IM7.  Ick.
>
> I would honestly suggest going with the GM option, even though it forces gcc.
> This is likely to be the least painful solution, especially if IM 6 legacy
> version is ever removed from the ports system, or lots of popular tools start
> requiring IM7 before we can work out the substantial porting problems involved.

I submitted an update that made GraphicsMagick the default, but withdrew it when the discussion here turned towards supporting both.  Unfortunately it was committed anyway, so you’ll find 2.1.4 in ports at the moment, but only with GraphicsMagick.

I’ve just submitted another update, 2.1.4_1, that will let you select either ImageMagick v6 or GraphicsMagic, that defaults to GraphicsMagick.

ImageMagick will use clang, and GraphicsMagick will use gcc.

Hopefully that will be committed soon.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)