[Xastir] Archaic default map

Hal Mueller hal at seanet.com
Mon Jul 29 11:24:01 PDT 2019

I was just going to suggest Natural Earth. Their smallest scale (1:110m) weighs in at about 200 KB for country boundaries only, as a zipped shapefile.. As a bonus, a DBFAWK that works with the smallest scale stuff should also work fine for someone who wants to download the large scale version (1:10m).

https://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/110m-cultural-vectors/ <https://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/110m-cultural-vectors/> describes the small scale version. The data is published as public domain: https://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/ <https://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/>

Hal