[Xastir] Vehicle Android Computer

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 8 17:50:25 PDT 2019

Hello Ed,

I don't think that anyone has packaged and submitted Xastir to the Google
App Store.

The only Android APRS app I'm aware of is APRSDroid.  I use it in Internet
mode on my phone occasionally but don't know if it will connect to a radio
or not.

As for replacing the OS on your vehicle computer, you'd have to see if there
are any customer forums that discuss customizing your make/model of vehicle.
And especially if the OS is doing special things in the background that a
replacement OS might not know about.

Your best bet might be to see if you can leave your vehicle computer alone
and just connect a second video source to the screen.  Then you can use a
laptop or Raspberry Pi to run an open OS and Xastir as well as have physical
connections to a radio.

Dave
KD7MYC