[Xastir] Turn-by-turn directions?

William McKeehan ki4hdu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:07:03 PDT 2019

A lot of times, when working an event, that I need to get directions.
I currently accomplish this with multiple devices - one showing APRS,
the other for routing.

Would it be possible to integrate something like the Open Source
Routing Machine
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Source_Routing_Machine) into
Xastir? possibly providing the directions as a layer on top of the
other maps being used?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:55 PM Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope. The only address-like thing we have is a quite-old feature for
> finding a location by street address.
>
> To get into routing and turn-by-turn directions we'd need the proper
> up-to-date maps with speed limits and lanes, put that into a directed
> graph, then walk the graph to look for the 2 or 3 best routes through
> the graph from point A to point B. We have none of that.
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:36 AM William McKeehan <ki4hdu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to get directions in Xastir? Is such a feature on the
> > list of desired things?
> >
> > --
> > William
> > KI4HDU