[Xastir] (no subject)

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:10:38 PDT 2019

I received this from someone who temporarily cannot post to the Xastir
list. I was wondering if the change that was made recently for
GPS/Glonass/Beidou/Galileo NMEA sentences would also be a fix for this.
Seems to me Tom changed the code so the first two NMEA characters are
ignored, which should fix this issue. Here's the question:

"you may remember that some time (a couple of years) ago I raised an issue:

I’m using Xastir on my sailing boat and the GPS onboard has the NMEA
sentencies starting, not with the usual $GP, but with $II (Integrated
instrumentation). For this reason the (then) current version of Xastir was
not recognizing the navigational GPS, and I had to use a spare one."

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com