[Xastir] Installing Xastir on Mint

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Oct 24 13:39:10 PDT 2019

Michael,
You've already had replies on this that I won't duplicate, so what
follows is general in nature.

I used to use Linux Mint and I also used to use Ubuntu but I dumped both
of them (for different reasons) and I've used only vanilla Debian for
about ten years.

With the exception of a long-defunct version of Linux Mint that was a
rolling release based on Debian Testing - known as LMDE (Linux Mint
Debian Edition) - Linux Mint has always been more closely aligned with
Ubuntu than it is with vanilla Debian and for that reason I would find
instructions for the Ubuntu release that aligns with a particular LM
release, i.e., pick the Ubuntu release upon which your version of LM is
based and follow those Ubuntu instructions to install xastir.

HTH

Ray
vk2tv