[Xastir] Xastir release 2.1.6 has been published.

MLHPUB mlhpub at free.fr
Sat Apr 18 10:28:22 PDT 2020

Right, with SUID root, AX25 socket is connectable.

With this computer, it is the first time I use update-xastir script :

- I had an old Debian package purged (apt-get purge xastir) never used
with AX25 port before switching to GIT
- Previous binary was first built from GIT
- Actual binary is built after use of update-xastir script

The real problem is probably the user (me...) because I do not remember
if I changed permissions before the first use from GIT.

My AX.25 setup is :
- one "aprs" port described in /etc/ax25/axports
- the following startup (with systemd) script to use an old Baycom on a
serial port

modprobe mkiss
modprobe hdlcdrv
modprobe baycom_ser_fdx
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
sethdlc -p -i bcsf0 mode "ser12*" io 0x3f8 irq 4
sethdlc -i bcsf0 -a txd 200 slot 100 ppersist 40 half
ifconfig bcsf0 192.168.2.1 hw ax25 F4ACU-3 up

73

Matthieu
F4ACU