[Xastir] Emergency Locate Popup

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Feb 9 12:16:43 PST 2020

Dang, I see what you mean by his QRZ listing being questionable:

NEIL ** ATTENTION ALL STATIONS IN THE AMATEUR RADIO FORCE ** PLEASE TRANSMIT YOUR SIGNALS FROM FINN ROAD IN WEST PARIS ** THIS IS NOT A DRILL ** I HAVE DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY AND HUMANITARIAN CRISIS ALONG OUR NORTHERN BORDER ** PLEASE TRAVEL TO FINN ROAD IN WEST PARIS IMMEDIATELY **

"I have declared a state of emergency."

Sounds fishy.

Worse:

https://www.qrz.com/db/NB9D

That's one that might be appropriate for reporting to the FCC.

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 01:12:10PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 01:24:51PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:
> > Is there a preference to disable the Emergency Locate Popup? I have a kiosk on which I???d rather not see this popup. In particular right now there is one from a NB9D callsign. Having looked at his QRZ posting, I am in serious doubt about the validity of this "emergency".
>

> There is no such option.  It's supposed to be one of those things that
> is so important you can't turn it off.
>
> One should probably contact the station making the false alarm and let
> them know that people actually pay attention to these things.
>
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY
> Tijeras, NM
>
>  echo "prpv_a'rfg_cnf_har_cvcr" | sed -e 's/_/ /g' | tr [a-m][n-z] [n-z][a-m]

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM