[Xastir] re the problem that I asked about earlier

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jun 2 10:03:56 PDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 02:55:11PM +0930, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <phillor9 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On 2/6/20 10:02 am, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> I forgot to mention that I had removed every instance of "local" from my
> .xastir.cnf file. Doing so allowed xastir to start but on reboot xastir
> rebuilt the .xastir.cnf file to again include /usr/local/share/xastir.
>
> So, as I said in my first posting, I think that I have remnants of the
> build-from-source code on my system but I cannot locate them.

This is definitely a sign of a messed up install.

The package installed version should be creating an xastir.cnf with the
appropriate paths for its install, that is, /usr/share.  This is a sign
that you're not in fact running that build.

Please type the following in a shell window:
   type -a xastir

There should only be one, and it should be in /usr/bin, where the Ubuntu
package would install it.  If there are more than one, then type:
  which xastir

to figure out which of the two is actually first in your path.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM