[Xastir] re the problem that I asked about earlier

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 09:30:52 PDT 2020

BTW, if you are not using xastir's ability to act as a server to
receive reports (this is different from the APRS-IS client stuff), the
x_spider errors you are seeing shouldn't cause you any problems.

I have an idea for having the x_spider child processes clean up
themselves when the parent dies. I will give it a try this weekend.

- Jason

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/6/20 2:33 am, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > This is definitely a sign of a messed up install.
> >
> > The package installed version should be creating an xastir.cnf with the
> > appropriate paths for its install, that is, /usr/share.  This is a sign
> > that you're not in fact running that build.
>
> I'm just reporting Tom, what I've found. Someone has turned up and I
> could be away for the remainder of the day. I'll have to investigate
> this tomorrow.
>
> type -a xastir
> xastir is /usr/bin/xastir
> xastir is /bin/xastir
>
> which xastir
> /usr/bin/xastir
>
> /usr/bin/xastir and /bin/xastir both result in different errors; one
> with just the festival error and the other with the pid errors. Neither
> run, but as I say I'll have to investigate this tomorrow. I'm not sure,
> at the moment, what the best course of action is.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Phil

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult
to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln