[Xastir] re the problem that I asked about earlier

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:07:50 PDT 2020

On 3/6/20 2:33 am, Tom Russo wrote:

> This is definitely a sign of a messed up install.
>
> The package installed version should be creating an xastir.cnf with the
> appropriate paths for its install, that is, /usr/share.  This is a sign
> that you're not in fact running that build.

I'm just reporting Tom, what I've found. Someone has turned up and I
could be away for the remainder of the day. I'll have to investigate
this tomorrow.

type -a xastir
xastir is /usr/bin/xastir
xastir is /bin/xastir

which xastir
/usr/bin/xastir

/usr/bin/xastir and /bin/xastir both result in different errors; one
with just the festival error and the other with the pid errors. Neither
run, but as I say I'll have to investigate this tomorrow. I'm not sure,
at the moment, what the best course of action is.

--

Regards,
Phil