[Xastir] FCC database download

Glenn Starling multifacetedguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:35:13 PDT 2020

Hello, it has been a year or so since I was using Xastir software.
Recently, I did an install from source on my laptop.  Everything works
fine.  I ran the script get-fcc-rac.pl to get the FCC amateur database.  My
results were as follows:

   sudo ./get-fcc-rac.pl
-=-=-==-=  -=-=-==-==-  =-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=  everything was fine to this
point for the RCC data:

l_amat.zip                                                      [ <=>

                                                   ]      36  --.-KB/s
 in 0s

2020-03-27 22:32:08 (1.23 MB/s) - ‘l_amat.zip’ saved [36]

*** Filtering/sorting/installing the FCC database ***
[l_amat.zip]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
Total callsigns:  .
 Replaced callsigns:  .
*** Done! ***

After that, I ran the following from my home directory: wget -c
http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/data/complete/l_amat.zip

A totally different error message from the FCC said it wasn't allowed.  So,
is the script still valid?  I probably can go to the FCC web site and find
the info, but thought I would check here first.  An advice is apprecitated.
Thanks to everyone!

Glenn  WB4UGH