[Xastir] FCC database download

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Mar 27 21:18:13 PDT 2020

They might have changed the URL.  If you can hunt down the new one, we'll
gladly update the script.

I'm up to my eyeballs myself due to craziness with the day job, or I'd just
dive in and find it.  Anything you can do to help keep it up to date will be
most welcome.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:35:13PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <multifacetedguy at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Hello, it has been a year or so since I was using Xastir software.
> Recently, I did an install from source on my laptop.  Everything works
> fine.  I ran the script get-fcc-rac.pl to get the FCC amateur database.  My
> results were as follows:
>
>    sudo ./get-fcc-rac.pl
> -=-=-==-=  -=-=-==-==-  =-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=  everything was fine to this
> point for the RCC data:
>
> l_amat.zip                                                      [ <=>
>
>                                                    ]      36  --.-KB/s
>  in 0s
>
> 2020-03-27 22:32:08 (1.23 MB/s) - ???l_amat.zip??? saved [36]

> *** Filtering/sorting/installing the FCC database ***
> [l_amat.zip]
>   End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
>   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
>   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
>   the last disk(s) of this archive.
> Total callsigns:  .
>  Replaced callsigns:  .
> *************
> *** Done! ***
>
> After that, I ran the following from my home directory: wget -c
> http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/data/complete/l_amat.zip
>
> A totally different error message from the FCC said it wasn't allowed.  So,
> is the script still valid?  I probably can go to the FCC web site and find
> the info, but thought I would check here first.  An advice is apprecitated.
> Thanks to everyone!
>
> Glenn  WB4UGH

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM