[Xastir] error can't open display :1.0

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:51:00 PDT 2020

The # in the prompt indicates you are running as root.

If you log in as a normal user in an X session and then “su” , the root user will not have the X authentication to open an X window and the result will be what you see. That is to say normally if you

user$ su
Password:
# xastir

I would fully expect that to fail.