[Xastir] Using Xastir online

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri May 29 07:40:52 PDT 2020

It depends on the server (it's the server operator's option on requiring
it) but you usually/almost always do need a passcode for an -IS server, and
no it is not your callsign.

The passcode is a 5 digit number based on your callsign. xastir has a
utility "callpass" to generate it for you.  Sorry, I don't have an xastir
machine available at the moment or i'd provide specifics on where to find
callpass, but you run it

callpass <yourcallsign>

where yourcallsign is the call you're using in the server connection. it
outputs the 5 digit code.

-Jason
kg4wsv