[Xastir] How to get CWOP weather on APRS network

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Oct 31 16:31:48 PDT 2020

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:26:41 -0500
Steven Morrison <morrison.monahans at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Can you explain how you do this?
>
> On 10/30/2020 4:17 AM, Liz wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 00:07:19 -0500
> > Steven Morrison <morrison.monahans at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Another approach would be to read the new weather entries sent
> >> to APRS-IS for my callsign and transmit them from that report.
> > I'm still doing that. When I'm driving and see my weather displayed
> > I know that everything in the chain is working, and that includes my
> > internet ;)
> >
> > Liz
> > VK2XSE

OK
I filter the incoming available data from APRS-IS for local data.
weeWx has sent out my data to APRS-IS, and I collect it along with
other items of local interest (bushfires, storm warnings) and broadcast
them all. This also collects packets from HF APRS users in the
district, or those sending data to APRS-IS through the phone system.
There is a weeWx extension which is able to produce a wxnow.txt file.
Because my weeWx and APRS are on different hardware it became too much
effort to sort out as the existing system worked most of the time.

Liz
VK2XSE