[Xastir] xastir_udp_client / UpdateTime() always generates TO_INET error

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 14:13:21 PDT 2021

Doing more playing around with the ads-b.pl script which feeds data to
xastir via xastir_udp_client. This has caused me to pay attention to
xastir's output.
Every plane packet results in

x_spider udp:  user:PLANES  pass:12345
Xastir received UDP packet without "TO_INET," string
Received datagram from ::1: PLANES,12345

Which made me wonder if there was a problem with the packet, so i went to
the xastir source. seems to originate in main.c function UpdateTime()

[ if .... ]
             .
             .
             .
              fprintf(stderr,"Xastir received UDP packet with \"TO_INET,\"
string\n");
[ else in here somewhere]
             .
             .
             .
              fprintf(stderr,"Xastir received UDP packet without
\"TO_INET,\" string\n");

So, no matter if the string TO_INET is present or not, there's an
fprintf(STDERR...), looks like for every UDP packet.

I can buy one or the other being an error, but not both. :)

thoughts?

-Jason
kg4wsv