[Xastir] OT: Ultramarathon runners

Diane Saunders k0dslae at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 03:34:40 PST 2021

Hello Liz,

For the annual running of Grandma's Marathon, in Duluth MN the runners wear
RFID tags and the local amateur radio community provides health & wellness
communications with amateurs stationed all along the course.  We also use
motorcycles that can respond up and down the course and drive in front of
the lead elite runners, and those motorcycles are operated by hams with
dual-band radios capable of APRS so net control knows where they are on the
course at any time.  The ice and water truck is also equipped with APRS.

I hope this helps.

Diane K0DSL