[Xastir] Serial connection with virtual machine issue???

Jason Winningham kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:28:44 PDT 2021

sorry to chime in late, email glitch and I didn’t see the messages.

If it’s a USB adapter, don’t give the USB adapter to the host (windows), let the hypervisor give it to the guest (ubuntu/xastir) via USB passthrough.  I’ve been doing it that ways for years and years.

e.g. with VMware Fusion (like VMware workstation only for the Mac) fire up the ubuntu VM and plug in the adapter.  VMware will pop open a dialog to say “where do you want to plug in <insert name here>”.

-Jason
kg4wsv