[Xastir] how to START xastir on raspberry pi OS

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 21 16:23:49 PDT 2021

You could start by telling us what is output by the following commands (as
your own user ID, not root):

  which xastir
  ls -l `which xastir`

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 05:22:44PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 04:20:35PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ke6sls at arrl.net> flavor, containing:
> >
> > Very irritating.  I can start it with sudo but not as user pi.  Already
> > ran the setuid root thing.
>
> Can you maybe provide a little more context, including how you installed Xastir
> and how you're trying to run it?  And maybe what error message you get
> when you try to run it?
>
> As it stands, you've not explained enough for anyone to help you.
>
> Once installed correctly, running it should be as simple as typing "xastir".
>
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY
> Tijeras, NM
>
>  echo "prpv_a'rfg_cnf_har_cvcr" | sed -e 's/_/ /g' | tr [a-m][n-z] [n-z][a-m]

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM