[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 798, Issue 1

ROBERT SWITZER robert_switzer at msn.com
Tue Apr 25 12:33:22 PDT 2023

David,

This usb cable is fine. This exact setup was working fine before I had to rebuild the rpi and reinstall xastir.

Yes fully understand about using one interface entry at a time and yes the script was setup using the TC command ( if I remember correctly) to switch between the aprs12 and packet12 modes for one interface entry vs the other.

It all worked. I have examined stdout msgs and
Every log I can find. I will check dmesg as I’ve never done that before but what I am asking is specially what and how does xastir use ( and what )to drive an interface from UP state ( which it goes to on startup ) to ERROR state ?

When it is in UP state I am getting messages to xastir correctly ( I’m only trying the read only /aprs12 mode for now). But it only stays up for about 1-2 minutes. Then goes to ERROR with nothing in any log or output that I can see that would explain why it goes to ERROR state.

It is extremely frustrating. The other interface I have up is the aprs-is interface which works well

Robert KA2CZU