[Xastir-Dev] warning: big change to map_shp about to commit

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Aug 29 17:53:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I'm about to commit a big change to map_shp.c that adds use of config/*.dbfawk
> files to set map feature attributes.  I don't yet have .dbfawk files defined for
> all shapefile flavors but have defined them for the major Tiger/Line types.
> There are likely still some bugs and some memory leaks, so I need some folks to
> look at what I've done and test.   To enable it, do "./configure --with-dbfawk"
>
> By editing the .dbfawk files you can control all the map features such as at
> what zoom level the feature (or the label) becomes visible, what color, line
> thickness, dashed vs. solid, etc.
>
> It's not completely baked yet but it's close.

Feedback:  My labels are totally goofy.  Like the font got switched
to an international font on my or something.

Most of the objects go away if I enable map levels.  Most
roads/streams are gone unless I zoom way out.

Roads are dashed lines and green.  Won't work on top of topo maps.
Need a bright color and solid probably.  Dashed for 4x4 roads/trails
perhaps.

_Somethings_ happening with the new code though, and that's a GOOD
thing!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com