[Xastir-Dev] NWS Radar Images

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 1 02:17:15 EST 2003

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Gerry Creager wrote:

> So what happens if we get the NexRAD products directly, and process the
> data in xastir to develop a composite image, rather than expecting NWS
> to do all the heavy lifting?  This data's about to become "widely
> available...."

So, you're telling me that we'll be able to bypass NOAA/NWS?  Man,
where's it going to stop!

Tell me more about these NexRAD products, first I've heard of them.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say they might be Next Generation
Radar products?  Higher resolution than current data and so on?

If you have descriptions of the files and the format is not too
difficult, I'd love to take a stab at it.  Perhaps some sort of
GIS/CAD files with multiple layers?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer