[Xastir-Dev] xastir feature recommendations

Howard, Chris HowardC at prpa.org
Wed Jan 8 11:10:57 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been using xastir on the receive side to get
my feet wet in the local APRS scene.  I have a few
features that I would like to suggest, mostly
enhancements to the user interface.

1)  For all the screens where a matrix of stations and
	information comes up, like the weather stations screen,
	I think it would be nice to have sort ability defined
	using the top bar.  Kind of like in the MS-office
	applications, I would click on the top bar to sort by
	callsign, or temp, or whatever

2)  Also for those screens with a matrix, I would like to click
	on the callsign and see the map icon highlighted in some way,
	or blinking, or whatever.  That way I could find the station
	I am looking at.

3)  Does message data have time stamps?  Right now it appears to be
	printing out message data by callsign.  But some of the messages
	are part of a message "conversation" and that aspect is lost
	in the current system.  If messages do have timestamps, I would
	like to be able to sort messages by time.

I have done some C programming in the past.  If someone would
be willing to give me some hints, I might try to tackle this
stuff myself.

--
Chris Howard
KC0ATC