[Xastir-Dev] new feature added

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jan 30 15:20:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Chris Bell wrote:

> I added a new toggle to prevent the initial re-index of maps on
> startup (default is to do the index) for those of us with LARGE
> numbers of maps.

Huh?  I have large numbers of maps, and the code that was in place
worked very quickly.  I'm wondering if perhaps you were running an
older version of Xastir that wasn't as efficient?

> I also moved the re-index button to the map pulldown
> (instead of the configure pulldown.)

I didn't want it there 'cuz it's not used as much as the other
buttons, but it's not a big deal.  I just though of it more as
belonging to the setup/config category than the normal run-time
operations.

> I am wondering if we should make the re-index function delete missing
> maps, since we pushed the button we probably have a reason to make the
> index/map chooser brought up to date, which would include removing old
> data.  (Instead of the current state, that takes several re-indexes to
> "age" them out of the list.)

I had it working that way for a while, but the last changes I did to
the indexing functions caused me to go back to the non-delete mode.
You're welcome to try to put that back in again, but be careful not
to slow down the current re-indexing when you do it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com