[Xastir-Dev] Yet Another Thing to Watch Out For

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 20 12:24:02 EDT 2003

On 20 Jul 2003, Gerry Wheeler KG4NBB wrote:

> Long story short: new, clean installation of RH9; new clean fetch of
> Xastir from CVS. Compiles fine with shapelib, ImageMagick, and pcre.
>
> Upon startup, I was getting an error message that indicated the program
> was looking for symbols in the old location (I hadn't updated in a few
> weeks). Scratch head. Aha! Don't forget to remove the old .xastir
> directory. The old configuration information was confusing the new
> xastir.

The migration scripts should have taken care of that.  One script
must run as root and takes care of moving the Xastir system
directories.  The other script must be run as each Xastir user and
tweaks your config file.

If you ran both of those scripts and _then_ had that problem, it
means we need to tweak on the scripts some more.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer