[Xastir-Dev] how to get my patches integrated?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jun 9 12:17:55 EDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I see that my patches for datadir and pkglib did not get incorporated (yet?).
> This was the stuff that allows one to put the xastir data files in the $datadir
> that is configure'd rather than in $prefix/xastir (which ends up being
> /usr/xastir when prefix is set to /usr).  $pkglib patch was similar.
>
> I am hesitant to try to check the files out of CVS since I feel others own them
> (I'm not sure I even have CVS write access:-)

You don't.  :-(

> and want to know what the right
> way is to submit these changes so they get incorporated (or voted off the
> island:-).  The changes are attached and RPMS/SRPMS can be found at
> http://www.columbia.edu/~alan/xastir/.

At this point you'll have to wait.  I don't remember the reasoning
for not putting the patches in earlier.  Probably they were a bit
more than we wanted to put into the code as we were heading towards
this stable release.

Can you remind us of this right after the stable release goes out?
We can add in in there then.  Sorry for the delay...

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com