[Xastir-Dev] API/CLI for uplinking objects

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:00:53 EDT 2003

I have an idea brewing for writing a small app to uplink objects.  What's the
best way to feed them into xastir?  Use one of the interface types?  I see from
reading the code that I would want to:
   1. Append the object to config/object.log to make it persistent.
   2. Feed the object in such that ax25_read_line (forget if that's the correct
name) can parse it.

Are any of the current interface types suitbale for doing this from the same
host?  I guess I could cobble up a small program that looks like an APRS-IS
server.....  Suggestions?

/a