[Xastir-Dev] API/CLI for uplinking objects

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 10 09:40:39 EDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I have an idea brewing for writing a small app to uplink objects.  What's the
> best way to feed them into xastir?  Use one of the interface types?  I see from
> reading the code that I would want to:
>    1. Append the object to config/object.log to make it persistent.

You can skip this step I think.

>    2. Feed the object in such that ax25_read_line (forget if that's the correct
> name) can parse it.
>
> Are any of the current interface types suitbale for doing this from the same
> host?  I guess I could cobble up a small program that looks like an APRS-IS
> server.....  Suggestions?

You should be able to do it quite easily with a bit of Perl.  I
_think_ that if Xastir sees an object that appears to come from it's
own callsign, that it will take it over, start transmitting it on
it's own, and write it to the object.log file.  Try it and see.

You could do it with any of the interface types that you can talk to.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer