[Xastir-Dev] giving objects a locally-defined tactical callsign

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:06:37 EDT 2003

Has any thought been given to the ability to change the name and symbol of a
displayed station/object *locally*?  For example, I am NCS for a bike-a-thon and
I know that the Mic-E tracker, N2YGK-9, is actually in Truck 3.  I would like
Truck 3 to be what shows up on the map display.  Basically a simple indirection
between callsign-ssid and tactical call.  This is much easier to do than asking
N2YGK-9 to change his callsign on the fly and could potentially support labels
that are more expressive than something callsign-sized.  I'd be happy to take
this on. (Yes I know the code is frozen at the moment.  I can handle
reintegrating patches later :-).

/a