[Xastir-Dev] 1.2.0 patches for datadir, pkglib, xastir.spec.in

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jun 17 14:04:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> Now that the freeze has thawed, this is my third and final attempt at submission
> of these patches.  Maybe the third time will be a charm:-)

Yes.  Thanks for bringing this up again.

Anyone with patches from before the release that were not accepted:
Please resubmit them!  I think Derrick has a topo map patch.
Others?

> xastir-datadir.patch corrects the incorrect use of the configured $prefix.

> The .xastir/config/xastir.cnf has to be edited or recreated for this to take
> effect for someone upgrading so nothing will get "lost" for an upgrader;  his
> maps remain in whatever's in the .cnf file.

Ok.  So can you specify where things will go if you don't provide
command-line flags or use the spec file?  Same as always?

> xastir-pkglib.patch similarly locates the random extra scripts in $pkglib for
> the same reasons.

Do they end up getting located somewhere other than /usr/local/bin
if you don't provide command-line flags/install from RPM?

> xastir-spec.patch corrects some errors and otherwise enhances Chuck's rpm spec
> file to permit building a full 1.2.0 xastir with all bells and whistles turned
> on.  NOTE that this spec file currently applies the above patches.  Once these
> patches are integrated, the spec file can be edited to drop the patches.

I just applied your patches and will experiment.  If all goes well I
might commit them to CVS today, and you'll see them sometime
tomorrow on the anon CVS server.

Perhaps Jack/Chuck might want to check out these patches as well?

> See http://www.columbia.edu/~alan/xastir/ for binary and source RPMs that work
> just fine with a Red Hat 9 system.  This includes a copy of ImageMagick-5.5.6-5
> which I found via rpmfind.net as well as gpsmanshp, ax25-apps, ax25-tools,
> libax25, libgeotiff, proj, shapelib and e002shp, and of course xastir-1.2.0.
>
> Using the above packages, a new xastir user on Red Hat 9 will have a much easier
> time getting started.

We should have a section devoted to these ready-to-run packages.
Probably links off the Xastir home page?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com