[Xastir-Dev] Re: New Directory Structure

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jun 20 14:59:10 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> migration scripts attached.  Might need a bit more tweaking or
> idiot-proofing.  Didn't bother with a version tag just yet.  Make the
> installer run it manually one time I think.  Any rank newbies will not
> yet have a .xastir directory and any old-timers are quite able to deal
> with an extra step given all the build steps they had to go through to
> get the code running in the first place.

Perhaps a configure-time check for the old directories, and then
issue a warning at the end of configure (with asterisks all around
it) that asks the user to run it?  Jack:  How easy would it be to do
that?

I know I seem pretty eager to add it into the build process somehow,
but I'd really like to avoid somebody getting stuck late at night
not knowing how to fix the problem.

I suppose just adding a note to the end of configure without
checking for whether the user had already converted would work just
as well.  I _do_ think that the note should be there and very
obvious.  If we had it tied in to some configure check code, then
the note would disappear for future iterations of configure if the
conversion script had been run.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com