[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 develo pment?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Mar 13 17:29:12 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> It's also important to note that Xastir1 will not be abandoned.
> There will at least be active code maintenance if not new
> development along this thread, for those whose needs do not
> include a database backend or any of the other features Xastir2
> brings to the table.

Here's where I'd like to deviate:  I'd like to see the Xastir-1
branch bug-fixed, but little in the way of new features added to
that branch while we're working on Xastir-2.  Once Xastir-2 is fully
functional, I'd like to see the Xastir-1 branch fade away.

Xastir-2:  I'd like to see the option to run stand-alone maintained,
for those people that don't feel they need the SQL database and/or
are resource limited.

The goal would be to limit forking of developer resources, instead
working on one unified codebase that would work for all sets of
users.  Whether or not we can easily accomplish this though is up
for debate.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com