[Xastir-Dev] Makefile optimizations for low memory machines

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 6 01:40:05 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, David Flood wrote:

> This was under Windows 98 so the swap size is set to Auto (base memory of
> the laptop is 40M so well under even what Cygwin wants).  LD did finally
> finish...approx 16 hours after starting.

I haven't been patient enough to let the link portion finish on the
win2k box yet.  Maybe tomorrow I'll let it run long enough.  With no
additional libraries added in it compiled/linked fairly quickly.  I
was starting to add in Shapelib and ran into the memory problem.
Luckily I have no such problems on Linux.

> Then I got the 0 height/width error from the resulting .exe so I set Cygwin
> to the side and I'm now trying to get XF86_SVGA to talk to the C&T card
> under SUSE 8.2.

If you had OpenMotif as an option on Cygwin, you wouldn't have had
the height/widget error.  That appears to be a Lesstif bug.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer