[Xastir-Dev] Annoying map chooser behavior to be corrected

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 28 17:15:25 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> If you're aware of exactly where this needs to be fixed, then please
> do.  I don't want to screw it up, and my version of the map chooser is
> torn apart with my zoom level code.

Yea, I could probably do that.  Let me try to attack that tonight or
at least this week sometime.  It shouldn't take long if I can find
the time to do it.

> I delete map_index.sys and start xastir.  It builds an index of all
> the maps.  When I exit, the index is complete.  I then start xastir
> again, and the maps are re-indexed on startup -- but the index written
> to disk contains only the map directories and none of the maps.
>
> It might be something I've changed.  Is there anyone out there who
> knows the indexing stuff well enough to suggest where I might have
> gone astray?

I wrote that part.  map_indexer() is the function that is doing the
work there.  Xastir creates an in-memory index and then writes it
out to disk using index_save_to_file().

Index_restore_from_file() and index_retrieve() may be two others
worth looking at.  I suspect your current problem isn't with those
functions though 'cuz the on-disk index is messed up.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com