[Xastir-dev] Like, would this be easy or what?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 2 12:56:45 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> This had occured to me, too.  It could even be as simple as adding a
> "locate home address" button on the Station Info dialog, which would
> search the FCC database for an address, then do the lookup of the
> address just as you say.

Yep.  That would be a good way to do it.  I'd still like to see a
new dialog added for doing an FCC/RAC address when you knew the
callsign but didn't have an APRS station matching it on your screen.

I'd also like to see a new dialog that would allow going to any zoom
level and lat/long.

> 'Course one would have to have the full geocode database for it to
> work, but then one also needs the full FCC/RAC databases for the
> "Lookup Callsign" function anyway, so it's not much of a
> restriction.

I wish we had free street maps of Canada too (and for the rest of
the world for that matter), and the geocode files to go with them.

> While you're at it, perhaps a "track this station" button could be
> added to the station info dialog?  Right now the only way to get a
> station tracked is to type its callsign into a dialog, even if the
> icon is on your screen.  I recall that there was a request for that to
> be included in the right-click menu and that there were then issues of
> resolving nearby stations.  Putting a button into the station info dialog
> could be a useful, quick extension.

Yep.