[Xastir-dev] incoming data window

f4dwv f4dwv at radioamateur.org
Sat Dec 11 12:04:42 EST 2004

Dan Brown wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, f4dwv wrote:

>> I use now the xastir CVS version and have 2 problems that I think I
>> did not have with the 1.4.2 :
>>
>> 1) The incomming data window does not work after a certain time :
>> I see some frames and after that nothing more ..
>> New stations continue to be drawn on the map and appear in station list,
>> so the reception is still ok.
>

> What kind of interface or interfaces do you have setup?

serial KISS modem

> Do any of them
> allow you to watch the traffic outside of xastir, such as with the
> linux & ax25 command "aprsmon"

no

> Have you looked at debugging output from xastir? Check the "DEBUG_LEVELS"
> file and then try "xastir -v ##" where ## is the sum of the levels you
> want to watch.

will try that

> Make sure you have the correct box checked at the top.
checked

>  Make sure
> that the scrollbar is scrolling once the window fills up.
done that

> It could
> also be a lesstif bug that is fixed with Motif/OpenMotif, although
> that's less likely.

Ok ,so If I well understand you switched back to lesstiff because of the
infamous mod key bug.
Perhaps I could reverse to OpenMotif
I will try to guess when the freeze arise.
Perhaps when I receive a too long frame (not an APRS packet).

>2) I have doubts about the local station list, I think that some not
>> local station appears in the list. I'm not sure because of 1) (I don't
>> see the raw frames anymore).

>It's possible that there's a bug there, but I've never seen it.

Perhaps It's a missunderstanding from my part :
I assume that "local stations" must not have been relayed,
so must not have any * in their PATH
Am I wrong ?
If not there is a problem...

Thierry