[Xastir-dev] Re: Soundmodem support?

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Wed Jan 28 18:32:14 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 16:57, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Dick Reichenbach has it working on Solaris, definitely user mode and
> KISS /dev/sm0 interface in that case, as there is no kernel mode
> version for Solaris.

In case anyone missed it, Linux 2.6 doesn't support sound card modems in
kernel space.  I believe the drivers were completely removed from the
kernel sources.

Does the /dev/sm0 interface work on Linux?  I'm wondering if there's a
good reason to use any kernel drivers with soundmodem.  Soundmodem
appears to need the mkiss driver.  But a number of distros come without
any prebuilt hamradio kernel modules.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/