[Xastir-dev] acinclude.m4:XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES

tbaggett at jump.net tbaggett at jump.net
Tue Mar 23 17:44:53 EST 2004

> Curt> We may be able to get rid of the test for /proc/registry if the
> Curt> tests for /dev/cuaa0 and /dev/cua/a when run on Cygwin/WinXP
> Curt> don't cause a hang.  That hang is the whole reason for changing
> Curt> this function.
>
> If the hang is the whole reason, then we should only worry about
> changing that part of the function, and not consider redesigning the
> entire function without understanding the purpose behind its design.

Forgive me if I am being out of place here, but what is this problem with serial ports causing hanging under Cygwin?

There was a problem in the not-so-distant past where reading from a serial port would cause hanging. This was fixed a couple months ago. Perhaps you guys are hitting this bug?

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-01/msg00365.htm

specifically:

73,
Tim