[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 30 12:14:36 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Well, if you're stationary and finding an address, then the current
> interface is probably adequate, probably with some kind of an object
> plotted at that point as well.
>
> If you're mobile and have TrackMe mode on, then you'll find the
> address, pan to it, then the image will go back to where your GPS is
> reporting your position at.  It'd be good to both plot the found
> destination somehow and plot a vector between you and it.

One problem with the "placing an object" scheme is that we probably
wouldn't want to transmit these objects, they'd be for local use
only.  We might need to add a mechanism into the object/item storage
to specify which are to be transmitted, and which aren't.  At that
point we could also add that functionality to the generic
hand-placed objects/items so that they could be individually tagged
for transmit.

Of course we could instead just use a special symbol set for the
Find Address stuff, that had nothing to do with objects at all.

Druthers?