[Xastir-dev] Warning: Changing weather alert code

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 23 01:45:04 EST 2005

Just a warning to those using CVS:  There are a bunch of changes
going in shortly to the weather alert code.  Storage for alerts is
being changed from an array to a hash table.  The changes are less
than minor.

If you depend on weather alerts you might want to skip updating for
a bit.  Of course if you really depend on this feature instead of
official weather sources you're risking everything anyway...

At the moment everything appears to be functional with the new code,
but I suspect we'll find several bugs in the coming days.  New code
is just that way.

The good news is that it is just a tad bit faster than the old code.
Ok, MUCH faster!

SKY messages have not been integrated into the new stuff yet, but
most everything else is now using the hash tables.  I'll check the
changes in shortly if testing goes well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer