[Xastir-dev] Weather maps progress

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Sun Jan 23 11:18:53 EST 2005

Looks like soe progress Curt

However, (I know you love these)
Weather alerts seem faster but(Oh-OH) the incoming internet stations seem to
lock much more frequest. running 2 instances on a X workstation, one local and
one on another server, totallyt brought X workstation to it's knees.

incoming stations from intertnet connection will "Pause" on one station usually
a weird or foriegn call. The Internet seems to still be receiving and storing
them, then process time and all locks for minutes (20 before I killed one
instance when I had two running).

Note: My internet connection dropped and reconnected several time while this was
happening, so there is a chance
1. My connection drop caused it
2. Xastir overloaded my 1 MEG DSL

Hope this helps.
I use this for Tornado season so you have plenty of time.
I also use it for fun, CVS is always fun, and is quite interesting trying to
figure out things.

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry