[Xastir-dev] message bugs?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 25 21:21:55 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Chris Bell wrote:

> 2. When using the EMAIL service, the ack and the OK message come from
> WU2Z, and not from "EMAIL", so we never clear the outgoing message.
> [This has been a problem forever.]  Fortunately, we now have the
> cancel button so we can kill it.  Should we match up the ack with the
> counter we sent out, ignoring the to/from calls, and not care that we
> might be getting spoofed [intentionally or otherwise] ?  I would hate
> to add a special case that "EMAIL" ignores the returning from
> call... but otherwise we never stop txing.

I thought about adding a button that would allow looser matches, but
then we could end up getting an ack from one of our QSO's that
matched a different QSO, if the sequence-ID just happened to match.
That'd get very strange in a hurry.

How about this:

If we're sending to EMAIL only, match on "EMAIL plus ACK" or "WU2Z
plus ACK".  I kind of hate to put in a specific callsign for the
EMAIL match, but I can't think of a better way to do it.

Comments?