[Xastir-dev] message bugs?

John Williams vk5zty at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 26 00:30:38 EST 2005

Just be aware that they are other aprs email servers out there.

Someone has written another ui-view plug in and the aprs email server in Australia
replies as VKMAIL. This is also how you address the message.  So it does get acknowledged
correctly.

I believe the different email servers use different calls to avoid conflicts.
These servers should really respond in a way aprs clients expect.

There is only one server that uses EMAIL that I am aware of, so your special case should not
cause problems with the other servers. Hard coding a special case is not an ideal solution though.

You could implement a retry count for messages. Perhaps configurable up to 10 attempts.
Otherwise just let the user decide when to cancel the message.

Regards

John
VK5ZTY