[Xastir-dev] IGATE

Mark White jmarkw at ec.rr.com
Tue Jan 25 22:23:01 EST 2005

Well, I switched from the Debian unstable xastir to running it from CVS
a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I noticed that local RF traffic
wasn't getting igated to the internet.  After attaching gdb a doing a
little debugging, it appears a variable name got changed at some point.
In igate.c:output_igate_net(), 'operate_as_an_igate' is checked before
allowing rf->inet traffic.  This gets initialized from the
NET_RUN_AS_IGATE config var.  However, interface_gui.c sets
'device_igate_options', therefore enabling or disabling igate
functionality in the GUI has no effect.  Manually changing the config
file var works of course.

Sorry if this has already been reported and fixed (CVS doesn't show it).
BTW I've been using xastir for over a year and I love it!

Thanks
Mark - KE4QKT