[Xastir-dev] Re: Database Storage

Paul J. Morris mole at morris.net
Wed Jul 9 17:28:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:07:11 -0700
"Jeffrey Johnson" <ortelius at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the process of doing this implementation, I will end setting up a
> REST API on top of the positions DB using GeoDjango to query the
> database etc and return GeoRSS, KML, GeoJSON etc. If anyone is
> interested in this sort of thing, I am happy to share.

   Grand.  Does etc include WFS? In any case, I'd love to get a look at
the details.  Layering various applications interchanging data through
a mixture of lightweight and heavyweight standards and storing them in
spatially enabled databases seems to be a very logical direction to
move in.

   A direction to think about down the road for both weather data and
velocity/bearing data are the OGC efforts towards Observations and
Measurements schemas and Sensor Observation Services.

Merry Snailing,
-Paul
--
Paul J. Morris