[Xastir-dev] Tactical Calls: Let's play

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 28 11:46:42 EDT 2008

In CVS:  The beginnings of being able to share Tactical Call data
with others over the air.  The code works already, decoding standard
messages sent to "TACTICAL" which are in one of these four formats:

     My Home
     WE7U-3=My Home
     WE7U-3=My Home;WE7U-12=Curt's Jeep;WE7U-15=I Don't Know
     WE7U-3=;WE7U-12=;WE7U-15=

In the first case it'll assign "My Home" as the tactical callsign
for the station that sent the message.

In the last case it'll remove tactical callsigns for the listed
stations.

The other two cases should be fairly obvious.

For testing:  Remember that you can't send a new message to TACTICAL
until the previous message has either timed-out or been cancelled.

Regarding the last form:  It does make the tactical callsign
disappear from the screen but not in the correct manner yet.  The
correct manner would be to free the tactical_callsign string from
the station record and then set the pointer to NULL.  As-is, it does
work but just zeroes the string.  The only outward indication that
it did the wrong thing is in the small "Station Chooser" box you get
when there are multiple stations under the mouse as you try to get
Station Info:  You see "WE7U-15 ()" instead of "WE7U-15" in that
case.  Not a big deal but should be fixed.  I may get to it tonight.

I need an APRS+SA station to test against next as it's supposed to
have similar decoding.  I implemented the message format I got years
ago from Brent Hildebrand, the APRS+SA author.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer